Located southwest of Edmonton and situated along the dramatic banks of the North Saskatchewan River, Blackhawk is widely considered one of Canada’s premier private facilities. Created by Alberta’s own Rod Whitman, Blackhawk was among the first modern day, minimalist designs in the country, offering wide fairways, rugged bunkering and dynamic green sites.
Ranked as the Best New Course in Western Canada by Golf Digest when it opened in 2003, and currently ranked 14th in Canada by SCORE Golf Magazine, Blackhawk Golf Club has all the amenities and atmosphere that you would expect from world class private club and is committed to providing an unforgettable golf and social experience.
Blackhawk Golf Club is currently accepting resumes to fill the position of Bunker Foreman. This Rod Whitman designed golf club is truly a unique property set in the beautiful North Saskatchewan River Valley in Southwest Edmonton. Score Golf continues to recognize Blackhawk in its rankings of which we recently listed in 17th position on Canada’s Top 100 in 2020. Blackhawk is a players club with members that log many rounds during the season. Both membership and the management team are proud of the club's reputation and genuinely love being part of such a unique club. Blackhawk proactively continues to make improvements and some major renovations recently include irrigation mainline replacement, shop expansion and greens resurfacing.
The Bunker Foreman will oversee the maintenance of 93 bunkers working with a team of two to three staff on a daily basis. The Bunker Foreman is a key member of the grounds crew and will work closely with the Assistant Superintendent to achieve the expected standard for the bunkers at Blackhawk.
• Lead by example a team of two to three bunker staff on a daily basis
• Develop and implement a weekly schedule addressing maintenance items required of all bunkers such as: sand adjustment, sand addition/removal, weed removal/spraying, trimming edging, cleaning out debris, and raking frequency.
• Assess the overall playability of bunkers and adjust maintenance style, techniques etc. as required
• Ensure drainage is working properly in all bunkers and repair as required
• Ensure excess water is removed after rain events returning bunkers to playability within a timely manner.
• Assist with other projects or day-to-day maintenance of the course as required
The Candidate Must:
• Possess a positive attitude
• Lead a small team to be focused and engaged
• Enjoy working in a physically active environment
• Display excellent leadership and communication skills
• Demonstrate professionalism
• Have a valid Drivers License
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
• A turfgrass diploma or currently enrolled in a recognized turf program
• 2-3 seasons of golf course maintenance experience
• An ability to operate a skid steer
• Competitive wage
• Golfing privileges
• Education – annual AGSA conference
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted.