Boulder Creek Golf Course is located in Langdon, Alberta just minutes east of Calgary. Under new ownership, we are striving to build a golf course facility that our new community can be proud of. Our goal is to provide our golfers with an excellent quality golf course by continuously improving our course and grounds through proven maintenance practices throughout the season.
We are seeking an Assistant Golf Course Superintendent responsible for the operation and maintenance of our golf course property. You would report directly to the Superintendent and be responsible for managing all aspects of the golf course as well as managing the turf maintenance crew and equipment.
• Performs all maintenance of all golf course facilities and equipment.
• Construction and renovation of the golf course whether performed by maintenance staff or outside contractors.
• Be responsible for the repair and maintenance of the irrigation system.
• Assisting in the interviewing, hiring, training and supervision staff of employees for the purpose of maintaining the property
• Assist in overseeing the scheduling and routing of personnel and equipment to accomplish the work.
• Keeps accurate and complete records on payroll, inventory, weather data, maintenance procedures, pesticide applications, etc.
• Communicates regularly with other members of the management team in regards to all golf course activities including tournaments, functions, and agronomic activities
• Providing admin office with all necessary documentation in a timely manner.
• Ensure all OHS documents and procedures are completed and followed.
· A minimum of 2 years on-course experience in all facets of turf and maintenance.
· High standards of excellence and attention to detail
· Know-how in maintaining, irrigation systems, setting reels and mechanical tasks
· Willingness to work hours as needed to complete tasks including weekends
· Awareness and appreciation of safe working and environmental practices
· Valid driver’s license
· CPR/first aid certificate desired
• Negotiable based on experience
• March 15th to November 15th
Thank you for your interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted.