Carnmoney Golf Club Member Owned, Private Club established in 1992, and is a dedicated to creating a first-rate, enjoyable golf experience for members and their guests. We are located just south of the Calgary city limits. We have a young, vibrant membership that is constantly looking to improve the club in all ways.
Carnmoney Golf Club will be the best golf experience in the Calgary region:
on course, in facilities, service, programs, and camaraderie.
Our Core Purpose
To provide every Member and our Guests with a golf experience
that satisfies and enhances their passion for the game of golf.
Our Core Values
Integrity: in the things that we do, the products and services we deliver, and the means with which we treat our fellow members.
Commitment to Excellence: in everything we represent and do.
Promote an inclusive, respectful, and collegial environment for our members, our guests, and our staff.
Carnmoney Golf Club is seeking an enthusiastic, team-oriented individual with excellent communication and leadership skills to fill our Equipment Technician position. The Equipment Technician is an integral part of our Turf Department Management team. The primary responsibilities of the Equipment Technician will be to manage the fleet of golf course maintenance equipment, set up an equipment service plan, and properly communicate any needs or problems relating to the maintenance or repair of equipment to the Property Superintendent and or Assistant Superintendent(s). The current fleet of equipment at Carnmoney is very modern. All of the equipment is owned and a majority is under 5 years of age. The golf car fleet is electric and will be brand new at the start of the 2021 season. The Turfcare Facility provides a comfortable and functional maintenance shop with adequate equipment storage and a healthy repair budget. The Equipment Technician will be included in the decision-making process for future equipment purchases and long-range plans for the entire Turfcare Facility. The position requires placing teamwork and safety as a top priority as well as maintaining a clean service and parts inventory area.
- Inspect, diagnose and repair mechanical defects/failures in various golf course maintenance equipment, including, diesel- and gasoline-powered units (mowers, rollers, utility vehicles, tractors, sweepers, trucks), and any other mechanical equipment utilized in a golf course operation.
- Maintain the golf car fleet comprised of 65 electric golf cars.
- Instruct and/or train turf staff regarding preventive maintenance, and the proper cleaning of & safe operation of equipment.
- Prioritize equipment repair and maintenance work.
- Maintain a preventive maintenance program within budget on all equipment, purchasing parts and supplies as needed.
- Set up, maintain, and provide on-course adjustments to all reel and rotary mowers as necessary.
- Keep a complete set of records for equipment and parts inventory purchases, equipment conditions, costs of repairs and preventive maintenance for all equipment.
- Conduct on course inspections of equipment for performance, make emergency repairs to equipment on the course, and ensure equipment is ready prior to use.
- Oversee the shop area maintenance.
- Assist with normal golf course maintenance when needed
-Positive attitude and willingness to work in a team environment.
- Working knowledge of light and heavy maintenance equipment.
- Diploma or Certificate of mechanical training from a recognized institution. Turf equipment technician experience is an asset.
- Knowledge and practical experience in the setup and maintenance of mowing equipment is an asset.
- Skill in the use of a variety of equipment repair tools, and the corresponding types of mechanical repair.
- Working knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions of the profession.
- Working knowledge of the theory, care, and operation of internal combustion engines and mowing equipment.
- Working knowledge of electrical and hydraulic systems.
- Ability to weld and fabricate.
- Ability to diagnose mechanical troubles and determine appropriate maintenance work.
- Ability to communicate effectively and keep records.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and the flexibility both in thinking and time management.
- Ability to move heavy objects and work safely on their own.
- Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions while repairing equipment.
- Willingness to work extended hours when necessary (including weekends and holidays).
- Possession of a valid driver's license.
-Full-time, salaried position (based on experience).
- Very good benefit plan.
- Healthy vacation policy.
- Golf privileges.
We thank you for your applications, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Should the right candidate be found prior to the end of the application deadline the position will be filled.
Thank you for your interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted.