Who We Are - Fairmont Hot Springs Resort, home to Canada’s largest natural mineral hot springs, is a year-round destination nestled in the heart of the British Columbia Rocky Mountains and the stunning Columbia Valley.
Guests and day visitors can enjoy everything one of Canada’s most all-encompassing experiences has to offer including the legendary natural mineral hot springs pools, 45 holes of golf across 3 courses, a stunning RV resort and a campground, the Natural Springs Spa, our family-friendly ski area, and a variety of outdoor experiences and activities.
Our full-service destination resort promises to create memories and to connect people through the wonder of nature.
Who You Are - You are a golf enthusiast with a can-do attitude. You are a strong communicator and work well with guests and colleagues. You enjoy hands on work with a key organizational skill set. Your experience and knowledge within a golf course environment make you an ideal candidate for this position.
You will embrace our Vision and Brand Promise to deliver the best Rocky Mountain experiences and memories for our guests
Position Summary - The Assistant Superintendent is responsible to work closely with the Superintendent and other golf managers to provide the best experience possible to our guests. The Assistant Superintendent will coordinate daily operations of the maintenance staff for all 3 courses. This includes meeting or exceeding our established standards for employee satisfaction, guest satisfaction, sales and financial performance. As an Assistant Superintendent you must lead by example by taking a proactive position to all issues concerning the Turf Care team
· Strongly motivated to align and partner with Superintendent and 2ndAssistant Superintendent to complete all tasks to FHSR standards and achieve team goals Organize and direct the daily activities of the Turf Care team.
· Directly supervise staff by carrying out the responsibilities in accordance with Fairmont Hot Springs Resort policies and procedures. This will include planning, assigning and at times performing activities of workers supervised.
· Mentor and help develop staff in all Turfcare duties. This includes equipment operations, irrigation maintenance and operation, spraying techniques, SAFETY orientation and ongoing SAFETY training.
· Oversee and review Turf Care staff time sheets. Assist with budgeting, payroll, and purchasing according to FHSR policy. Work with the Superintendent to monitor expenses.
· Maintain open lines of communication between the golf shop staff and golf Turf Care. Work together with the golf shop to facilitate events and tournaments. Communicate effectively with the direct staff regarding daily operations and tasks.
· Assist the mechanic in monitoring maintenance and repair of equipment to ensure proper operation.
· Assist the Irrigation team in monitoring the operation of pumps and drainage systems to ensure their operation. Anticipate fertilizer requirements for the week, month, and year. Help maintain inventory of various fertilizer and chemicals. Discuss with the 2ndAssistant Superintendent the next day fertilizer /chemical application and coordinate as directed by Superintendent. Calibrate all types of spreaders and sprayers. Provide instruction to individuals using the spreaders and sprayers.
· Prepare detailed PO request forms for all purchases, forward to Superintendent for approval prior to making all purchases.
· Communicate daily with the Irrigation team to discuss nightly water requirements: moisture on greens, tees, fairways, rough, trees, tee plants,etc.,
· Attend educational seminars to stay current with the leading technology and information.
· Provide excellent customer service to guests, members, and fellow employees.
· Involve Superintendent in all communication pertaining to out of the normal circumstances prior to responding to the communication.
· Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Manage health and safety procedures and record keeping.
· Attend and contribute to monthly Health and Safety meetings.
· Maintain a professional appearance.
· Co-operate and accept other assignments as and when required.
· Bachelor’s degree or certificate in related field
· OFA level 1, and BC Pesticide Applicator License preferred
· 2-4 years of related work experience or training
· Microsoft Office applications – able to produce and keep accurate records
· Excellent written and oral communication
· Ability to lift and move up to 75 pounds
· Good physical condition
Thank you for your interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted.