Kananaskis Country Golf Course is one of Canada’s top Mountain Golf destinations and Alberta’s “Home Course”. Consisting of a 36-hole Robert Trent Jones Sr. design, both golf courses have been newly restored by architect Gary Browning and reopened in 2018. Located in Kananaskis Village, we are 1 hour west of Calgary and 35 minutes east of Canmore in the Rocky Mountains.
The Assistant Superintendent will be responsible for daily staff supervision and scheduling of assignments and other turfgrass related duties in conjunction with Senior Assistant Superintendent to ensure that both courses are in top condition through out the season.
• Reports daily to Golf Course Superintendent and Senior Assistant Superintendent on course activities and observations.
• Daily staff supervision, scheduling of assignments in conjunction with Senior Assistant Superintendent.
• Ensure crew assignments are completed in a timely manner.
• Staff training and mentorship and supervision.
• Maintain accurate daily journal, nutrient management and IPM records.
• Implement nutrient application programs in safe, efficient manner.
• Assist and communicate with all other golf course departments.
• Experience in Golf Course / Turfgrass Management.
• A diploma or degree in Turfgrass Management.
• Must be an excellent team leader with good organizational and communication skills.
• Ability to mentor, train and motivate a team of 30-40 individuals.
• An understanding of agronomic practices and how they relate to the game of golf.
• The willingness to adapt to new methods and standards.
• Must have a valid Alberta pesticide applicators certificate or willingness to acquire one.
• Previous experience with scheduling personnel would be an asset.
Salary- Dependent on experience
Participation in incentive program
On site rental accommodation available.
Interviews will be conducted upon receipt of appropriate applications and position will be filled when acceptable candidate is found.
Thank you for your interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted.