Silvertip Resort is in the heart of the Rocky Mountains in beautiful Canmore Alberta. Les Furber, master designer of golf courses worldwide, is the talent behind Silvertip’s breathtaking golf experience. The par-72 course has 600 feet of elevation change and championship tees with a slope rating of 153. However, with course length between 5,100 to 7,200 yards depending on tee placement, it is a course that allows both scratch golfers and recreational players to enjoy the course and hone their skills.
The Assistant Superintendent at Silvertip Resort will be responsible for the daily golf course conditions that are required to uphold one of Canada’s top resort golf courses. Leading a team of dedicated employees you will ensure Silvertip Resort continues to exceed in environmental stewardship and standards. Duties include hiring and managing employees, accountability for the daily operations of the turf care team, daily course conditions, managing the department labour budget, and weekly reporting to the golf course superintendent. As an employee at Silvertip Resort you will be responsible for maintaining a health and safe work environment for all fellow employees and our guests.
• Manage day to day golf course maintenance operations.
• Develop and maintain all turf care training programs.
• Interview and hire Turf Care Specialists I, II and Foreman.
• Falling, removal and clean up of all dangerous trees.
• Assist with pesticide and fertilizer applications.
• Assist in the operation and maintenance of the irrigation system.
• Assists Superintendent in managing Environmental Plan, Animal Response Plan, Audubon Program and Occupational Health and Safety.
• Valid Driver’s License
• Recognized turf specific post secondary education. (certificate/diploma/degree)
• Pesticide Applicator license or the ability to obtain.
• Irrigation system experience.
• Supervisory experience required.
• Minimum 5 years turf care experience
• Mechanical experience is an asset.
• Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to work flexible hours, especially early mornings.
• Benefits package
• RRSP matching
• Golf privileges
• Staff meal program
• Cell phone allowance
Thank you for your interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted.