The Windermere Golf & Country Club, an 18-hole private facility located in South West Edmonton is seeking the services of a qualified turfgrass professional for a 2nd Assistant Position. The successful candidate will work closely with the Superintendent and Assistant Superintendent in all aspects of professional protocol involved in golf course maintenance management. The successful candidate will aid in making educated horticultural and golf course management decisions and performing daily operations as required for maintaining the golf course to its finest potential. As part of the management team, you will be hands-on, assisting in the training and supervision of seasonal staff as well as assisting in the performance of all chemical, fertility, irrigation, and cultural practices
Additional responsibilities of this position will include but are not limited to:
· Operate GPS sprayer and other such equipment in the application of fertilizers and chemicals.
· Perform tasks including tree work, snow removal and various projects throughout the year.
· Work closely with the Assistant Superintendent in training and managing seasonal staff in all aspects of golf course maintenance throughout the season.
· Help ensure all equipment is operating properly, and is operated in a proper and safe manner
· Assist in the operation and maintenance of the irrigation system
· Aid in the continual establishment and implementation of cultural and IPM programs
Provide a positive, fun, and safe work environment
The ideal candidate in this position would possess 3 to 5years experience in a supervisory role in a golf course setting, with proven strengths in staff and Turfgrass Management. You will have or be working towards a Degree or Diploma in Turfgrass Management or related designation. Candidates with less-than-ideal experience will be considered towards an Assistant-in-Training position. The following would be considered an asset for any successful candidate:
· An Alberta Pesticide Applicator’s license.
· Previous arborist experience or associated certifications.
· The operation of Toro site pro central control irrigation program, the Toro Osmac satellite paging system along with knowledge of high-density poly pipe would be considered an asset.
· Proficiency in Microsoft programs is key, as well as general knowledge of social media apps.
We offer a highly competitive compensation package, and we thank you for your interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted.